Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Dear Granny~

I cant't believe it's been 10 years... I have missed you so much. So much has happened in our lives that I wish you would have been apart of. Sure, everyone says and I believe that you are always with me, but it just isn't the same. I miss our talks, and our laughs... we had so many good ones. I miss hearing your voice, your hugs. I remember the night you left us, I was talking to my mom and I asked her how your first day of radiation was and she said fine, that you were just tired. I told her that I should call you. She said no it's 830, she's probably asleep. So we finished our conversation and said our good byes. Jared and I were just moving into our apartment and were staying with his parents while everything was getting turned on and set up. We were asleep down stairs and Jared's mom came down around 5 or 530 and asked Jared to come help her... I knew something was wrong. Mom was on the phone and told Jared that you had passed. He came back down stairs and said "Danielle?" I said " it's Granny huh?" We both cried and held each other, I then went and called mom back. Oh Granny, it was one of the hardest days of my life. I felt my world was crumbling around me. We met Joe, Ang and Jaden in Pocatello and headed to Missoula. It was great to see all the family. The services in Cut Bank were great... so many people besides your family love you and showed their support. The memorial services in Great Falls were beautiful, the cemetery was good too. I remember standing there and everyone was going back to the cars and I was still there... I couldn't leave you. I didn't want to leave you. We had a luncheon and headed to Helena. Joe, Mom, Patty, Peggy, Sherri and I went to Cut Bank to pack up your apartment... oh the silly things we found. You had a coffee spill on all your shirts and a tissue (we were unsure if they were used or not) in all your pants pockets... that made us laugh. We cleaned up and went on our way. We all miss you so much... and think about you everyday. I know you are happy where you are with Uncle Mark, Boppa and the rest of your family, friends and loved ones. Give them all a hug and kiss from us. I love you and miss you Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment